COLORADO CONVENTION CENTERS IN THE MOUNTAINS
Mountain Conventions are a Hit with Attendees
Meeting planners who want to make an impact and create a convention with lasting effects often choose a refreshing mountain destination in beautiful Colorado. No matter what time of year, a mountain resort destination for your next meeting or conference is a can’t-miss with planners who need top-flight facilities and want to immerse their attendees with a wide selection of outdoor fun, fresh air and stunning scenery. Many resorts offer state-of-the-art convention facilities where your participants will be able to mix business with a healthy dose of pleasure.
Mountain Activities Near Colorado Convention Centers
Professional meeting planners love the long list of activities during both the summer and winter months in Colorado. Winter gatherings in the mountains are all about winter sports like skiing and snowboarding, along with sleigh rides, fine dining and some cool winter festivals. In the summer, the state offers abundant hiking, biking, golf, tennis, horseback riding, hot air ballooning, parasailing and dude ranches to visitors.
Here are a few of our favorite mountain destinations for a convention or meeting. The variety of these mountain resorts is sure to put a smile on the face of your attendees and ensure a good turnout for your convention, no matter what time of year you choose to plan it.
- Summit County – The Summit County resorts of Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper Mountain are the closest resorts to Denver, a little over an hour away. Resort properties like Beaver Run Resort in Breckenridge have successfully hosted many conventions through the years. In fact, Keystone Resort boats over 100,000 square feet of space alone. If you want to feel at the top of the world Copper Mountain Resort can supply 68,000 square feet.
- Vail/Beaver Creek – Further West, Vail and Beaver Creek resorts are famous for hosting conventions and gatherings of all sorts. Mix your business with world class skiing in the winter and incomparable golf choices in the summer. Hotels like the Lodge at Vail and the Westin Riverfront in Avon, or the Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa will leave your convention participants begging for more.
- Aspen/Snowmass – The Historic silver mining town of Aspen is on everybody’s A-list. The Aspen Meadows Resort in town and the Snowmass Conference Center in the adjacent resort of Snowmass both offer a perfect Rocky Mountain setting for your convention. There is also a variety of small to medium-sized hotels with facilities that will fit the bill.
- Steamboat Springs – Looking to add real cowboy flavor to your next convention? Head on over to Steamboat Springs. The Steamboat Grand offers 17,000 square feet of convention space which hosts a variety of groups each year.
- Telluride – Equally unique, Telluride in the San Juan Mountains of the state is known as a festival town that features music and art events throughout the year. With 1500 guest rooms and up to 11,000 square feet of convention space, this choice will place your annual gathering in one of Colorado’s most idyllic locales.
There are also smaller mountain resort destinations capable of handling intimate conventions looking to get away from it once and for all.