By Beth Buehler
Hosting a corporate, nonprofit or association meeting or event in Colorado isn’t difficult when having a resource like Destination Colorado’s website at your fingertips. Find out about more than 100 destinations, venues and meeting service providers in the state all in one place, plus submit one simple RFP. Here is just a quick overview of what you will find.
- Destinations – The interactive map makes it easy to see where communities are located in relationship to one another and to find airports. When clicking on a town, a description as well as member destination marketing organizations, properties, attractions and more will pop up.
- Venues – Instead of having to scroll down a huge list, simply filter by group size, facility type and destination. For example, when entering a group of 51 to 100, Hotel/Resort and Boulder, four results came up (Hotel Boulderado, St Julien Hotel & Spa, Millennium Harvest House Hotel Boulder and Peaceful Valley Ranch) along with Boulder Convention & Visitors Bureau for destination information. Easy!
- Meeting Services – Looking for pros in areas like meeting/event planning, transportation, A/V, photography, team-building and other activities like food tours? This is the place.
- Travel Tools – Find out about average temperatures for summer and winter in various parts of the state (did you know that Colorado averages 300 days of sunshine annually?), a website address and phone number for road conditions, and major airports.
- Deals – Who doesn’t like to save money? This is the place to find out the latest offers for groups.
- RFP – An online request for proposal can be quickly customized based on destinations of interest, venue type, group size, lodging preferences and more. Then presto, the appropriate entities can get back to you. No calling around or needing to go to 25 websites to fill out RFPs.
- Blogs – You already have found this section of the website, which contains short “articles” on topics we’ve discovered people are looking for and written by experts in the industry. Feel free to send us your questions and blog ideas.
Destination Colorado aims to make exploring, planning and carrying out your next group gathering in the Centennial State as easy as possible by bringing all sorts of resources into one place. Happy planning.
Beth Buehler is editor of Colorado Meetings + Events and Mountain Meetings magazines, has planned numerous meetings and events and enjoys exploring Colorado.