There is nothing quite like uniting a group while maintaining and building trails, constructing bikes for kids or going on a GPS scavenger hunt in urban or mountain settings. Colorado businesses that specialize in group fun and team building and many destination management companies can ensure this process goes smoothly and create experiences that keep groups talking for months to come.
Why team building? Here are some ideas.
- Level the playing field for business groups where there is a hierarchy and see leaders emerge from various sectors and pay grades. Simulate a search and rescue mission in the mountains or create a company video.
- Build learning concepts into a fun activity for more impact, like becoming ranch hands for a day while learning how to communicate with horses and round up cattle or picking out ingredients at a farmers’ market and preparing dishes with guest chefs.
- Help a good cause with projects like renovating cabins at the camp your group has rented, assembling care packages for military members or doing a book drive and delivering the new reading material to an after-school program or homeless shelter that serves families.
- Expose groups to experiences unique to Colorado. For example high performance driving on a racetrack near Colorado Springs, goat cheese making in Longmont or ice sculpting in Beaver Creek or Winter Park.
- Check with local trails commissions, state parks and the forest service to see if projects are available. Rocky Mountain National Park, bordering Estes Park and Grand Lake, utilizes individual and group volunteers annually and sometimes can even provide the campsites for a true adventure from start to finish.
The sky is the limit for indoor and outdoor options. Many times hotel and venue contacts can point the way for opportunities and providers in their area and ideas they have seen successfully implemented. Destination marketing organizations such as convention and visitor bureaus, tourism offices and Chambers of Commerce can direct meeting and event planners to local organizations like Habitat for Humanity that can benefit from a fresh set of eager volunteers.