Limited Funds Remaining: Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until all funding is obligated. When all funding has been obligated, remaining applications will be waitlisted. If any pre-approved funding is unencumbered and becomes available, waitlisted applications will be reviewed in order of submission.
*Completed applications must be received at least 45 days prior to the event start date*
Meeting and Events Incentive
How are applicants selected?
NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED AT LEAST 45 DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT START DATE
First, applicants must meet all of the following selection criteria to be eligible for this incentive:
- The applicant must be the primary organizer (event host or event/meeting planner) responsible for organizing the event.
- The event must take place in Colorado between July 1, 2021, and June 30, 2024
- The total eligible hard costs of an event or meeting must meet or exceed $35,000.
- The event or meeting must generate at least 25 paid overnight room nights at a lodging establishment as defined above. Applicants will be required to submit finalized hotel room night pick-up report(s) or written verification from the meeting property or properties listing the total room pick-up associated with the specified meeting or event for verification of the 25 paid overnight room nights.
- If vacation rentals are used towards the 25 paid overnight room nights minimum, the rental counts as “one paid room night” per night regardless of the number of bedrooms in the vacation rental.
- The meeting or event is a new event contracted on or after April 6, 2021 OR the meeting/event is in danger of moving outside of Colorado without support.
Second, applications will be approved based on the following criteria:
- Applications will be reviewed and approved on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Interested applicants must submit an online application and be pre-approved to participate. The application must be submitted at least 45 days before the meeting has occurred with the following exception: Applications for events and meetings occurring between July 1, 2021 – September 15, 2021, must be submitted no later than 21 days after the meeting or event has occurred to be eligible. Approval is not guaranteed.
Additional Program Details/FAQs
What if the event or meeting does not generate 25 paid overnight room nights?
- If the meeting or event does not provide verification of 25 paid overnight room nights, the incentive will be forfeited.
How much funding is available?
- Incentive funds are subject to availability and will be awarded based on the ability to meet the selection criteria. Once all funding is distributed, applications will no longer be accepted or pre-approved.
When are applications due?
- The application must be submitted no later than 45 days before the meeting has occurred with the following exception: Events and Meetings occurring on or between July 1, 2021, and September 15, 2021, must be submitted no later than 21 days after the meeting has occurred.
What if eligible hard costs are more than $1 million?
- The rebate is capped at $100,000 so any expenses above $1 million are not eligible for the rebate.
How do I apply for the additional 25% rebate for hybrid costs and is it included in the $100,000 rebate maximum?
- You must demonstrate a public health order in effect at the time of your meeting or event that limits in-person attendance.
Who is considered a primary organizer?
- A primary organizer is the event host (individual or company representative) or meeting planner charged with organizing the event/meeting. Submittal of W-9 is required if pre-approved.
What is the timeline for a decision after applying?
- Applicants will be notified of a decision within 30 days of application submission with the following exception: Applications submitted between July 1, 2021, and September 15, 2021, will be notified of a decision within 45 days of application submission.
When will funds be distributed?
- Incentive funds will be distributed after the culmination of the meeting or event, on a reimbursement basis pending room night validation and review and verification of the submitted eligible expense documentation. Metropolitan State University will pay the incentive within 45 days (of receipt of a complete and approved expense report) to the organization, association, or event/meeting planner that hosted the meeting earning the incentive.
What if actual event expenses are different from the pre-approved application rebate amount?
- No rebate shall exceed the amount submitted in the application and stated in the pre-approval notification regardless of final spend.
- Rebate amount will not exceed actual expenses regardless of pre-approval amount.
What type of documentation is needed to demonstrate a likelihood of cancellation, postponement or relocation without support?
- Examples of documentation that demonstrate an event is likely to be canceled, postponed or relocated include but are not limited to:
- Board Minutes delineating the financial infeasibility and suggested adjustments to reduce the financial load of the event
- Proposals from venues outside Colorado
- Copies of current regulations from government or public health agencies that impose restrictions that impact an event’s financial ability to move forward
- Letter on official letterhead, signed by C-Suite executive, outlining financial adjustments made to the event and the resulting need for support from the program.
- Reduced guest/attendee list
- Reduction in hotel nights
- Food and beverage adjustments
- Truncating event
- Reduction in sponsorship fees
- Increased event costs
- Elimination of superfluous items
Additional Program Details
- The Colorado Tourism Office will have final determination and approval as to any questions regarding qualifications, the meeting of qualifications and the reward amount to be given.
- Program cannot be combined with any other sponsorship opportunities provided by the Colorado Tourism Office.
- Should current progress mitigating COVID-19 change for the worse, conditions or requirements for rebate applications may be subject to change.
- Additional limitations or restrictions may apply.